Thursday 30 January 2014

Futuristic Design

What does future design hold? Today designers focus more on the ergonomics of the product. I did research on some different futuristic concepts, not yet produced that give us a glimpse in a better futur world. 

The first concept product that really got my attention was the 'Cloud Sofa'. It has that illusional effect of an actual cloud floating in air. The design concept was created by D.K. Wei. The base has pretty much a magnet that generates enough magnetic force to keep it floating. It looks comfortable but I believe it lacks safety.
Cloud Sofa - D.K Wei
Then there's the 'Incredible LED Watch'. It is has that idea that we would think that it is just a bracelet but as soon as it lights up, it would become a watch. This was created by Hironao Tsuboi. 

Incredible LED Watch - Hironao Tsuboi
The future shark car 'Audi Shark' designed by Kazim Doku. This is a flying, two-seater sports car. Combination of: the speed of motorcycles and the shape of the aircraft. I think it looks quite safe for its design and very eye-catching but I seriously do not see these type of designed cars going around in the streets!
Audi Shark - Kazim Doku


Modern Rocking Wheel Chair - Mathias Koehler
What is inspiring about this is its circular form. My main inspirations are curves and circles so that is why this caught my eye. It is developed from the original rocking chair but in a more unique and futuristic way.

Another conceptual design which caught my eye is this 'Amazing Lamp' by Julien Bergignat. It has a normal traditional design but with the functionality of being both portable and free standing structure. It can be useful in such cases.

Amazing Lamp - Julien Bergignat
To be honest, I saw some concepts which I think were a bit useless to the human being. Like for example: "Watch Displaying Time in Sand". Design today is only for business. For me, I think that if more and more designs will be produced and sold to this business world, it may make the human life easier, but us humans, we will most probably become too lazy to function, honestly speaking. 


Reference:
WDD, 2010, '100 Amazing Futuristic Design Concepts We Wish Were Real' [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/04/100-amazing-futuristic-design-concepts-w-wish-were-real/ [Accessed at 20 January 2014]

No comments:

Post a Comment